Friday, October 21, 2016

Dream

Last night I had a very intense dream about Rosemarie.

We were in a bigger version of the care home, more like a hospital, though the corridors and the decor were the same. There were lots of people bustling around, but suddenly they parted and I could see Rosemarie down the far end of the corridor. She was walking unaided towards me, smiling and laughing and glad to see me. We hugged and cried and I thought my heart would break.

Then she was gone, off to thank some doctors. It took me a while to find her, but when I did I told her that I wanted to take some pictures on my phone of her walking, to send to our son and daughter. 

We tried for ages to take some pictures: in the lounges, in the corridor and even outside, but nothing worked: either it was too dark or people kept walking in between us.

Then I woke up, and for a second or two I was filled with joy - and then I realised it was a dream, and the darkness came crashing down.

Some of the feelings of joy remain though.

So much cold and dark and sadness in the last few years, I had forgotten the feelings of joy and warmth and love when we were together.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

XXXXXXX M

3:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home